Saturday, October 24, 2009

Raglan Boy's Trip







What has 20 feet, 18 surfboards, a jetski, 2 rental cars, and a whole lot of testosterone? BD and his merry men. 50 seems to be the birthday that just keeps on giving. My birthday gift, apart from a fun party Gill organised, was to go away with some mates for 6 days.

We surfed, ate, talked, prayed, laughed, traveled and basically got to escape a whole lot of life's responsibilities for a few days. I am so thankful for people who remind me that I am not alone in what I do or who I am. From painters to bankers we all got along fine and a great reminder that Jesus holds us all together.

So often men come together and the bar is lowered. This time the bar was lifted as we urged one another to be better men for our families and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment