Monday, August 3, 2009

Spanish Surfers Bible...at last!





After arriving at midnight back at Sergio's home in Sao Paulo we crawled into bed knowing we had a 6am wake up. The Brazillian Bible Society is the largest Bible Society in the world, they produced 6 million Bibles for Brazil last year!!

It was great to meet up with the director and recall God's amazing favor that enabled our first edition of the Portuguese Surfers Bible. Sergio says, "They love me and CS, I can walk in here and know everyone and they treat us with such respect."

I was so excited when I heard the first Spanish versions were coming off the press while we was there. We went down to the packing line and sure enough there they were! It has been a 3 year project to get this far. I am so thankful for Gymea Baptist for believing in this and funding it last year. Now just gotta get a box home past customs.

We debate distribution and marketing. I can picture our 10 Spanish-speaking nations using these amongst their friends. It is a very radical concept for the Bible Society. "The Portuguese Surfers Bible got us the most media attention we have ever had in our history," says the director. I am a happy man lugging 10kg of Bibles out of the place and heading for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment