Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Groundswell Book Update


"I read 'Groundswell' in 6 hours straight on the plane and every page I was like, 'Whoa, this is me, this is me!' From the struggles of doubt and inadequacies to longing for companionship. It was amazing. Stoked that you took the challenge and put all this into paper so we younger ones can learn and be inspired to listen to His calling. I am sure the Sri Lanka chapter will start up, but more so due to the words of countless testimonies I just read. That I shouldn't fear but just press on and God will do the rest." Dilsiri Colombo, Sri Lanka

"For Christmas this year I received from my wife and children 'Groundswell', which I had no idea was being written. What an awesome book! Emotions filled me when I started to look through and see some of the past history I was part of at the Taree/Old Bar club. I just wanted to thank you (Christian Surfers ministry) for giving me purpose and for ministering to young people in an area where many families had struggles and needed God's encouragement and love." Mark Vanderzee, Australia

"We are taking Groundswell on our Road Tour throughout the UK to inspire our national movement and encourage others to join in." Phil Williams, UK

Its now been some 5 months since 'Groundswell - The Christian Surfer Story' was launched back in October 2012. It is an anchor for our movement being a historic account of why God birthed this movement and where our core values came from. It is also an inspiring story of ordinary people trusting God for the extraordinary that will encourage you also.

We have cleared about 300 photo books and 1,000 paperbacks, but there are still boxes of them scattered around the world...and in the CSI office! We are about AUD$16,000 away from breaking even on the project.

Word and Koorong bookshops are considering stocking the book in Australia and copies are available in the USA, UK, NZ and South Africa via CS.

If you have yet to read 'Groundswell', order a copy online from http://www.christiansurfers.net/ShopList_All.aspx.

You can also watch a video interview I did regarding 'Groundswell' with Simon Smart for the Centre for Public Christianity at http://publicchristianity.org/library/ground-swell-the-story-of-christian-surfers.

No comments:

Post a Comment